There are many lessons we can learn from our nature. One can learn a valuable lesson from the story of a bamboo tree.
My favorite story about entrepreneurship is the story of the Chinese bamboo trees, and it is a simple story. You plant the Chinese bamboo tree, you water it and you fertilize it. For a year, nothing happens. You water it, you fertilize it for another year and still nothing happens. You are a persistent guy. So you come back, you water it and feed it for the third year. At this time you can blame the universe, your friends, family, and your dog for everything.
However, if you are persistent, you will do it for the fourth year. Again you water it, and you fertilize it. This is the point at which many people think that it is good to give up, but the successful entrepreneurs are the people who are stupid enough to give a try once more for the fifth year. They water it, and fertilize it. In the fifth year, the Chinese bamboo tree sprouts and grows 90 feet in six weeks. This means that for four years, the nourishment of tree will not deteriorate, the bamboo tree was growing under the ground, and you have not seen it.
The story of the bamboo tree can very well describe about the people who are trying to establish their own business. The story of the Chinese bamboo tree conveys a message to every entrepreneurship to stay optimistic about the future because good things take time.
Here are some lessons to be learned from a bamboo tree, and you can apply to grow your business.
- Success is not achieved quickly. To get success, you need to work hard and stay dedicated to your work. Being India’s fastest-growing overseas consultancy did not happen overnight, but it was made possible by the dedication of a passionate team of Akkam.
- Be consistent like a bamboo tree. It would be best if you made consistent efforts to turn your goals into reality.
- Re-invest the money in your business, so you can keep growing on daily basis.
- Adapt for survival, but don’t break like the bamboo tree. As an entrepreneur, it’s important for you to get on with the flow.
- As an entrepreneur, you need to create value like the bamboo tree. Bamboo is one of the most useful plants, and it is used to make hundreds of products. It also got a higher tensile strength than steel itself! So as an entrepreneur, do favors, help people, and create value for your shareholders.